How Does the Points System Work?
At the 2014 Year End Meeting and Elections, the members and BOD in attendance voted to award So Cal Series Points as follows:
So Cal Series Champions and points leaders are determined as follows:
· The best seven finishes in a division are used to determine the So Cal Series standings. Highest number of points is the winner.
· The best seven finishes in a division are used to determine the So Cal Series standings. Highest number of points is the winner. Top Finishers will receive awards.
SO CAL MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED
· Player must be a registered member of So Cal prior to the start of an event to be awarded So Cal Series points for that event.
· Player earns 5 points for every round completed, no matter how many holes are played in the round (Excluding Final 9 and overtime playoffs). This means that 2-day, one round per day tournaments on 27-hole courses will no longer receive 15 participation points but will now receive 10 participation points.
· Player earns 1 point for each person in their division that they beat or tie. 1 Extra performance point will be awarded for a first place tournament victory.
· Players in the So Cal Championships receive one bonus point for every So Cal Series event they completed. Players can earn a maximum bonus award of 10 bonus points – even if they play in more than 10 tournaments.
· Bonus points will only be awarded to players that compete in the So Cal Championships. If a player competes in both Am and Pro divisions, they will only receive bonus points for one division.
· DNF: You will receive ZERO points for the entire tournament if you do not finish every required round of the tournament.
TIEBREAKERS (FOR FINAL STANDINGS)
Tiebreaker #1 Series Points
Tiebreaker #2 Most tournaments played (This keeps a premium on playing So Cal Series events each calendar year.)
Tiebreaker#3 Total Series points for the season.
Tiebreaker#4 Head to Head results.
SO CAL/NOR CAL TEAM CHALLENGE
Players that earn the most total points in the following divisions earn invitations to play for the So Cal team at the Nor Cal/So Cal Team Challenge held in January.
Men: Open, Pro Masters, Pro Grandmasters, Advanced, Advanced Masters and Intermediate
Women: Open, Pro Masters and Advanced